- Emotion dysregulation
- Behaviour management
- Social skills
- Body image
- Sleep difficulties
- Study skills
- Perinatal anxiety and depression
- Adjustment to parenthood
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder
- Intellectual Disability
- Specific Learning Disorder
The treating psychologist can observe your child in their school setting and conduct meetings with teaching staff to discuss issues in the classroom or playground environments and provide strategies that will improve your child’s academic and social functioning.
Social skills training groups
Children are accordingly placed in small groups to practise and generalise social skills which have been taught during individual social skills training sessions.
Programs are customised after an assessment of each child.
Examples of some of the skills commonly taught include: greetings, eye contact, listening, sharing, taking turns, asking for help, good interrupting, reciprocal conversation, body language, friendships, anger management, coping with teasing/bullying, emotions, empathy, etc.
Weekly summary handouts and progress reports are provided to parents.
Circle of Security Parenting Program – Circle of Security is a relationship-based early intervention program designed to enhance attachment security between parents and children.
Research shows that secure children display increased empathy, greater self-esteem, stronger relationships with parents and peers, and improved emotion regulation compared to children who are not secure.
The Circle of Security course involves 90 minute sessions over 8 consecutive weeks.
This course aims to:
- Develop the reflective capacity of participants in terms of how they were parented and how this influences their parenting with their children
- Develop an empathetic view of children and their behaviour and what the behaviour is trying to communicate
- Understand that a secure attachment is a biological and social need for children
- Understand the attachment needs of children through exploring the Circle of Security graphic (Cooper, Hoffman, Powell)
- Better support and understand their child’s needs and feelings
- Professional development workshops
- Parent workshops
- Customised training
If you are interested in learning more about our services, would like to make an appointment, or have any questions please call us at 02 8003 5437 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you.
(02) 8003 5437
(02) 9427 4981
Suite B/161 Burns Bay Road, Lane Cove NSW 2066, Australia